I want to "improve my health" - what does that mean?
- get rid of diabetes (temporarily, it will return as I get older)
- not have to take daily medication
- not sweat in normal temperatures/activities
- be able to help with normal efforts like moving people into new homes
- only need the Tall part of Big & Tall clothing stores
Pretty much it means losing weight - otherwise I'm healthier than probably most of you think. Bad cholesterol, blood pressure, heart measurements, it's all pretty good. So let's set a target of weighing 250 pounds - that will at least put me in sight of all of those goals.
I know the basics of how to get there. Suggestions are always welcome, although I can't promise to follow through on any particular one.
Stretch goal: dunk a basketball. God gave me the first 100 inches - I just need to provide 20 more.